Let's hear it for Goji Berries! GO GO Go Goji Berries!
These berries have gained popularity in health circles which has helped them achieve “superfood” status. They are thought to help slow the effects of aging, improve skin health, give a boost to the immune system and provide overall support for a healthy body. These red berries have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for more than 2,000 years for their amazing properties. It’s only been in recent years the mainstream population has come to appreciate their incredible properties.
What are Goji Berries?
Goji berries, scientifically known as Lycium barbarum, are also known as wolfberries. This fruit comes from the boxthorn plant native to China and other parts of Asia. They taste sweet and can be eaten raw, consumed as a juice or herbal tea, used as extracts, powders or tablets. This plant family also includes other fruits and veggies more familiar like potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants and chili peppers.
What are the benefits for my body?
Too many to count! Here's a few:
- Goji berries are very nutritious, high in fiber, protein and a range of vitamins and minerals including iron, copper, selenium and vitamins A and C. They are associated with extraordinary health benefits including fighting aging and protecting against cancer.
- Did you know that dark blue or red berries contain high levels of antioxidants which may help protect the body against damage from free radicals? What's unique about goji berries is that they contain specific antioxidants called Lycium barbarum polysaccharides, which are thought to provide a variety of impressive health benefits.
- Goji berries provide 11 essential amino acids—more than other common berries
- By weight, these berries contain about as much vitamin C as fresh lemons and oranges.
Are you getting the idea that Goji Berries are really REALLY good for you? This is only a small handful of it’s benefits.
What can Goji Berries do for your skin?
These berries provide a nourishing diet for our skin in many ways. Check out these amazing benefits:
- Reduce inflammation which helps promote a more even skin tone and complexion.
- Extremely high concentration of antioxidants to slow effects of aging by reducing oxidative stress, helping reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Helps skin repair itself and increase firmness.
- Can help reduce the appearance of scars.
- Helps rejuvenate damaged skin and repair harmful effects of UV light damage.
- Natural UV Suncreen booster helping to naturally fortify and protect skin barrier from the sun. You still need to use your sunscreen.
- Amino acids help to combat dry skin and aid in reduction of fine lines, increases skin hydration and improves skin color and tone.
- Very high Vitamin C Content can help diminish the appearance of age spots.
- Helps skin retain moisture and efficiently regenerate cells for a soft, youthful complexion.
- Packed with tons of nutritional benefits, Goji Berries also help reduce acne, promote collagen production, and even out skin tone.
- Loaded with beta-carotene (a pigment found in plants and fruits), which helps promote healthy skin and may offer hope in treating skin cancer.
Be advised that these super star berries tend to be very expensive, which adds to the cost of products. We use Goji Berries in our Serum. We believe the benefits of this amazing oil are so incredible that it’s worth spending a little extra to make our Illuminate Serum standout in the crowd. Hey, we think you're totally worth it!
You've got to try it! You'll soon be cheering with us, GO GO GO GOJI Berries! Don't waste a minute! We have the perfect size serum for testing and travel. Here's the link: https://myalchemyskincare.com/products/illuminate-beauty-blend-serum-mini or you can try it in our Sample Swag here: Bag https://myalchemyskincare.com/products/sample-swag-bag
Thanks for joining us. See you next Friday for another Super Star Ingredient.
CEO and Co-founder of My Alchemy Skin Care.