Thank you for joining us for our Face-to-Face Super Star Ingredient Series. Red Raspberry Seed Oil earns the spotlight today. Read on to see why we selected to include it in our Illuminate Serum.
What are some benefits of using this oil?
- Bursting with vitamins, tocopherols (Vit. E) and carotenoids (Vit. A) carotenoids
- Potent antioxidants to help reduce free radicals that cause premature aging.
- High in Vitamin E being an important role in skin repair.
- High in linoleic acid which is anti-inflammatory to help with skin cell regeneration
- Helps to alleviate the look of redness and soothes irritation.
- Soaks in skin easily and does not leave a greasy residue.
- Helps to balance skin tone.
- Effectively moisturizes and improves skin elasticity, wrinkles, lines.
- Great massage oil.
- *Reported to add some natural sun protection. See below.
Pretty amazing oil isn't it! We'd be crazy not to use it! Just think of the benefits your skin receives each day by using our Illuminate Serum. So much to love from nature!
Our Spotlight on Super Star Ingredients continues through the summer. We hope you are learning a lot. See you next Friday!
Written by Rebecca Adams
CEO and Co-founder My Alchemy Skin Care
*According to the Oomah study (2000), raspberry seed oil has the ability to absorb UV light similar to a sunscreen with SPF 28-40. Some people misinterpret this as raspberry seed oil being an effective sunscreen, but in reality, this claim has not been tested – the oils never went through strict SPF testing that determines the level of protection from sunlight. That being said, it is very likely that the oil will make a good addition to a natural sunscreen with proper UV filters due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Oomah, D. et al., 2000. Characteristics of raspberry (Rubus idaeus L.) seed oil. Sourced from: http://mail.lotioncrafter.com/reference/oomah.pdf